Graduate school fellowships and honors in the sciences
General graduate fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (NSF-GRFP): all fields
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship (NSDEG): all fields
- Department of Energy – Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (CSGF): computational sciences
- Department of Energy – Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE-SSGF): high energy, nuclear, materials at extreme conditions, hydrodynamics
- Hertz Fellowship: applied sciences (construed broadly)
Fellowships encouraging diversity in the sciences
- Ford Foundation Fellowships: underrepresented minorities
- GEM Fellowships: underrepresented minorities
- Soros Fellowships for New Americans: immigrants and children of immigrants
- American Association of University Women fellowships
Other fellowships and awards
- Another large compilation of fellowships
- Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
- APS Prizes, Awards, and Dissertation Awards
For prospective Wash. U. students:
Other prestigious fellowships (descriptions directly copied or paraphrased from fellowshipsoffice.wustl.edu):
- Churchill Scholarship: Master’s degrees in STEM fields at the University of Cambridge. Award: One-year award covers all tuition and fees, plus living, travel, and research allowances. Requires WU nomination.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship: For study at the University of Cambridge. Award: 1-4 years of graduate study, including tuition and fees, twelve-month allowance, and round-trip airfare.
- Fulbright: Study, research, or teaching of English abroad. Award: One-year award, typically covering round-trip transportation, language or orientation courses, tuition, book and research allowances, and living expenses. Requires WU nominaton.
- Marshall scholarship: For study at any British university. Award: Full tuition, fees, living allowance, and various expenses for 2-3 years. Requires WU nomination.
- Rhodes Scholarship: For study at Oxford University Award: 2-3 years of full tuition, fees, living allowance, and travel expenses. Requires WU nomination.