Non-italicized events: run by SPS. –Italicized events: run by other people or organizations.
Professor Talk: Carl Bender
Thursday, November 16
Room TBA, 5:00 p.m.
Come hear from of one Wash. U.’s most famous theoretical physicists (and best lecturers), Professor Carl Bender! Last year, he won the famous Dannie Heineman Prize in Mathematical Physics “for developing the theory of PT symmetry in quantum systems and sustained seminal contributions that have generated profound and creative new mathematics, impacted broad areas of experimental physics, and inspired generations of mathematical physicists.”
Regular Officer Meetings
Most Thursdays, 5:15
Check for us in Compton 241/245 or Crow 121. Email us for confirmation of whether a meeting will take place in a particular week and where exactly it’ll be.
Choc Talk Series
Chalk talks about research with chocolate – a great, informal, low-pressure way for you to present your research in front of other students (no professors or grad students allowed!). Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to give one!
Some dates to note
- Fridays: Putnam Math Practices, 4-6 p.m., Compton 241
- October 21: Virginia Tech Regional Math Contest
- October 28: Physics GRE
- November 10-12: University Physics Competition
- December 2: Putnam Math Competition – email Professors Carl Bender, Quo Shin Chi or Victor Wickerhauser to get involved
- February 22: Trending Topics Series – Michio Kaku, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- April 5-6, 2018: Missouri Collegiate Math Contest
- April 14: Physics GRE